Connect UMC and our Missions team is partnering with Lazarus Community to help lift-up those experiencing homelessness. Every other month Connect will prepare and serve a meal (to approximately 30 individuals) plus assist at the facility for the afternoon. This may include helping others select clothing from the facility clothing bank, or directing to the shower ministry (1:00pm – 6:00pm.) You can volunteer to serve the entire afternoon, or as little as one hour.
We are also hosting one of the facility rooms/apartments to house a family who is transitioning from homelessness to independent living. This includes a monthly support payment (to cover costs of room, utilities, food) as well as providing furnishings and other assistance. You may want to donate items or contribute financially.
We ask to you to prayerfully consider how your family might interact/support this as part of our ongoing pledge to “Connect to God / Connect to Others”.
Lazarus Community – Family Room, Items needed:
September 24th, 2023:
- Qty (3) Chest of drawers for various rooms
- Adult clothing drive: New or gently used clothing, coats, and shoes (footwear) for adult men or women.
- Please bring to church no later than Sunday worship (September 24th)
June: We have provided several items (bedding, night stand, misc room furnishings).
The facility can always use additional items, so please contact our missions team or Pastor Adam to see what items are needed.
MEAL SERVICE & FACILITY ASSISTANCE DAYS
SEPTEMBER 24TH - MEAL SERVICE & CLOTHING DRIVE 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM (on site times)
- We will be providing a taco dinner this month. Need donations to provide various (cooked) ingredients for providing a meal to feed approximately 40 individuals. Donations need to be delivered to our church by 4:00pm day of the event. We also need 4 - 5 volunteers to go to facility to help serve meal. Group will carpool from church to facility. Signup sheet is available at Connect.
- We are also collecting new or gently used adult clothing, coats, & shoes. A donation box can be found inside the church near welcoming / name tag table. Please bring no later than Sunday morning worship on Sept 24th.
JUNE 25TH - MEAL SERVICE & FACILITY ASSISTANCE DAY
We completed our very first service day on June 25th. This is part of our mission in reaching out to our community. Thank you to all who donated food, time, and money to our first event. It was a big success.
If you are able to donate any of the furnishing, or wish to financially help or assist with our meal-service days, please contact Pastor Adam Ricks by email, or talk to any of our Mission Team Leaders (Cheryl Maguire – Mission Team Chair, Wayne Sisk – Mission Team Member, Anais McClard – Mission Team Member). Please not drop items off at Lazarus House unless first coordinated with Connect UMC. Pastor Adam’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Checks should be made out and delivered to Connect UMC with note “Lazarus Community Mission” donation in memo portion of your check. We also have an online giving option available. You can setup for a one time or reoccurring donation through our websites online "Giving" link. (Link below). Select "Missions Project - Lazarus Community" for donations specifically for this project.