|A Message From Pastor Adam Hello Church Family!|
During this time of worry and stress regarding the COVID-19 (coronavirus), we at Connect Church want to do everything we can to honor you and those who come to be our guests. By no means do we want to give in to fear, but God has called us to be wise in times of concern. We are called to love one another and do what we can do to deal with the troubles of the world. For that reason, we want to respond accordingly.
First, let us not give in to spreading fear or rumors. Be considerate in how you treat others and watch what you post online. Don’t buy up all the toilet paper and hand sanitizer on the shelf. Exercise basic caution and stay home if you feel sick. Philippians 4:16-17 says, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Second, I would encourage everyone to check CDC for updates and advice regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). There is a lot of misinformation out there, so please listen to your doctor’s advice and refer to official sources. It is time for caution, not panic.
Third, I would like to give permission to anyone who has concerns about their own health, perhaps due to age or compromised immune system, to stay home from church. It’s okay! God still loves you, I still love you, and you won’t be in trouble! We will be livestreaming the service so you can watch and give online. The information for accessing the livestream and online giving platforms is below.
I want to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we all try to navigate some very strange and unexpected times. Pray for our church, our nation, and the world. I have never pastored a church through a pandemic before and we are all learning together.
Beginning immediately, we will take the following precautions:
* We will instruct everyone, including our greeters, to simply say “hello” and not shake hands.
* We have done extra work at the church to sanitize all children’s toys, doorknobs, and the entire facility.
* There will be plenty of soap and toilet paper available at church.
Sunday morning snacks will be prepackaged to ensure that germs will not be spread.
* Our method for communion will be changed to individual servings to prevent the spreading of germs. If you do not wish to partake in communion, it is okay!
* We will not pass the offering plates, but will instead have the offering plates at the back of the sanctuary for the tithes and offerings.
* We would also encourage you to sign up to give online if you haven’t yet done so.
Depending on how things develop in the Edmond area, we are prepared to do the following:
* If the Edmond school district cancels school, then we will consider cancelling church activities including Sunday morning.
* If church service is cancelled due to health concerns, we will post video sermon recordings on Sundays by 10:00 AM.
In Christ,Pastor Adam Ricks
Not able to make it to church?
Watch our service live on YouTube.
Just search Connect UMC on YouTube or click the link below.
Give Online at: