WHERE * WHEN * WHO
WHO IS THIS FOR?
All boys and girls currently enrolled in 6th through 12th grades.
CONNECT YOUTH FELLOWSHIP (CYF) MEETINGS:
- Wednesday’s 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM (approx return time)
- Lead by/Contact Ben Ramsey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Most Wednesdays, our Youth meet at Connect to have fun, fellowship, and brief lessons. One Wednesday a month, our Youth will have a Connect only fun social event. (Food/meal is not provided.)
- Beginning September 12, 2021 – Adding Youth night (in addition to regular Wednesday meetings)
- Sundays 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM (approx end time)
- Lead by/Contact Pastor Adam Ricks (email@example.com).
Most Sunday meetings will feed the kids dinner, play some games, and do a Bible Study. Sunday meetings will be held at Connect and will be just Connect Youth. There will be occasional “special events” held offsite. This will give Pastor Adam an opportunity to work with the kids on their spiritual development, build relationships with them, and just have fun together.
2021 SPECIAL EVENT SCHEDULE
Note: all participates must have a completed “Youth Activities and Medical Consent Form” on file.
- August 1: (Sunday special event) – Bowling night. We will meet at the church and then head to the bowling alley together. (details to follow)
- August 28: (Saturday special event) – “St Yootz” day at Frontier City. Our big kickoff event for this year’s youth ministry will be on August 28th at an event called St. Yootz Day. This will be a day at frontier city ending in an outdoor concert by Toby Mac. We will meet at the church at lunchtime, and then head down to the event. We have a number of free tickets, and also some funding to feed the kids, so it should be free for everyone. However, we need to know asap if you can attend so that we can get the needed tickets. Please let me know if you will be able to attend. (Pre-registration deadline: August 15th)
- September 12th: Kick-off new added “Sunday” Youth meetings
- Contact Youth leader Ben Ramsey (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Pastor Ricks (email@example.com) to be included on the parent email contact chain.
Hello youth parents,
I wanted to give you an update on what is going on with our Jr. and Sr. High ministries. This ministry is for our kids 6th – 12th grade. We want all of these students to have opportunities to build relationships with one another and grow in their relationship with Christ. I am very excited about this year with Connect youth ministries.
There is a bunch of stuff that is happening in the coming months, and I am hoping to invite you all to participate.
(Fall Youth Kickoff September 12) – Beginning on September the 12th we will be having a weekly gathering at the church on Sundays at 5:00 PM. We will feed the kids dinner, play some games, and do a Bible Study. This will give me an opportunity to work with the kids on their spiritual development, build relationships with them, and just have fun together.
(Wednesday night youth) Some of you have been coming to the church on Wednesday nights at 6:00 PM for Wednesday night youth. On Wednesday nights we have been traveling over to Acts 2 together. We will continue doing that, but we are going to add in the Sunday programming because it will give me a chance to be present, and have a weekly youth event here at Connect Church.
Thank you all, please let me know if you have any questions, and I hope to see you soon
Pastor Adam Ricks
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Connect United Methodist Church
5400 N. Coltrane
Edmond, OK 73034
- Church Phone: (405) 285-7068
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Visit us on the web: ConnectUMC.ORG