CHANGE FOR CHANGE (October)
- Date: October 6th – October 27th, 2019
- What: Fund raiser, collecting loose change
- Who for: Red Cross, Bahamas Hurricane Relief Website: www.redcross.org
Each Sunday during month of October, bring your loose change (or spare US currency) and drop it in the designated “Change for Change” jar. Jar will be located in hallway outside sanctuary each Sunday. Collection jar money will be donated to American Red Cross Bahamas Hurricane Relief Fund. Everyone, including the children, are invited to help.
Connect UMC Mission Project Leaders: Shane Bird
INFANT CRISIS CENTER (DECEMBER)
- When: December 7, 2019
- What’s Needed: We will be taking a team of 10-12 people to the ICC to help sort and organize materials. Sign-up sheets will be available at ConnectUMC in November
- Who for: Infant Crisis Services, Inc
Donald W. Reynolds Center
4224 N. Lincoln Blvd
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
- Website: www.infantcrisis.org
Infant Crisis Services provides life-sustaining formula, food, and diapers to babies and toddlers in times of crisis…. Because no baby should go hungry. 1 in 4 Oklahoma children are at risk of going to bed hungry each night. The need for diapers, formula, and food is always there. From time to time, parents experience circumstances that make it difficult to provide for their children. Infant Crisis Services is the only food and diaper pantry in central Oklahoma dedicated to babies and toddlers. Established in 1984 with the goal of assisting families in crisis, they have served nearly 300,000 children.
Connect Missions Project Team Leader: Terri James